2011年3月16日 星期三

Personal Pronoun Project

In Japanese language, there are various personal pronouns being used in daily life. Actually all different usages are representing the same meaning of "I". So I am here for explaining some of the examples which have been used in different sources.

例1
From: 本日も 独りでできるもん
On the left hand side, both two girls say うち for "I", but the other two say 私.

Although four of them are ladies, there are different ways for women say "I". 私 is the most common use among women and men; it is used more by females than males. However, うち mostly used by women. ( please be reminded that うち is also a neutral version referring to family)

例2
 
From YUI - es. car Lysric
There is used あたしfor saying "I".
 YUI is a female singer, but in this time she didn't use わたし or うち but using あたし. There is a bit different for あたし, YUI is a young lady and あたしsounds more cute which suits for YUI character and the meaning of the song.

例3

From magazine "MORE" ( 嵐 interview)
大野さん: オレの "MORE"って何だ?..
 
 He used  オレ for saying "I". It is commonly used by male adult which can show they are strong and already grown up. As this is a casual interview, it is more appropriate to use オレ than わたし which shows  friendly.

例4
From 嵐Album cover
This time 僕 is used.

僕 is for younger men. 嵐 they are still young men and it give a sense to fans that they are still young and fresh. Besides, 僕 is more refine thanおれ, it is more siutable to use for the album's name.


There are many various personal pronouns. The above are only part of the cases.
It is good for us to understand different meaning of different uses, so that we can avoid  making mistakes!!

8 則留言:

  1. うち is a good finding!! It is quite a common personal pronoun.
    I always see how Japanese talk with this personal pronoun. This is kinda special and can't be found in Chinese or English languages.

    Thanks for Sarah san's sharing~^^

    回覆刪除
  2. あたし = 人家
    うち = 我家 (when referring to family
    but I think it's difficult to translate "uchi" is into Chinese when referring to personal pronoun.
    That means it's really an interesting expression in Japanese and difficult to find the same concept in Chinese.

    Thank you for sharing
    Good Job!!!

    回覆刪除
  3. So many examples~~~(Good for you ~~~~)
    But I am still not very sure about the usage,the 'feeling' of when using うち.

    回覆刪除
  4. I rarely see the usage of うち in daily life...Maybe I need to work more on Japanese daily usage...

    To butasan: Japanese people love using word by "feeling"...but what is this "feeling"?...It is hard for foreigner studying Japanese to understand this "feeling" =.=...

    回覆刪除
  5. The Yonkoma manga is interesting~Where did you find it? :D
    Sometimes I find people say that "うちのクラス".
    I think a person who uses the personal pronoun "うち" appears to show which group/community he/she belongs to. (my guess)
    It is difficult to understand the usage of personal pronoun, but it's interesting :)

    回覆刪除
  6. you have post a lot of example~ that is great and it is ineresting.

    回覆刪除
  7. Thanks for sharing,as sing had mentioned before,うち can be used as a personal pronoun, but i think it may not in this case. I think in this conversation, the girl may want to express うち as my family.
    But you found a lot of example from magazines and lyrics, thanks a lot!!!

    回覆刪除
  8. Thanks for all of you leaving comments to me =]
    and picking some mistakes for me=p

    回覆刪除